Monday, April 7, 2008

Transaction Thursday (Monday Edition)


I'd beg forgiveness, but it's not like anyone else is posting on this blog.

The Hoyas, who should be responsible for writing about their own transactions since they make so many of 'em, dropped Carlos Gomez, Jon Rauch, Nick Johnson, Placido Polanco, Troy Glaus, Andre Eithier, and Jonathan O. Sanchez for Franklin Morales, Manny Parra, Carlos Gomez, Jon Rauch, Edwin Encarnacion, Nick Johnson, and Andre Ethier, respectively. My thoughts on this are this guy is trying to win our league fees.

An issue I would like to raise for the benefit of the few that read this other than myself: The Rules state that a team must finish *OVER* 900 IP and 4000 AB for the season. The few times I've noticed this at the bottom of team pages, everyone was under that. If you finish under, that means your averages (WHIP, ERA, BA) are tossed out. Get on it.

2 comments:

BAH said...

I am touching all the players so that you do not find them appealing! It is my "buffet strategy".

Anonymous said...

I agree that 4,000 AB seems unrealistically high. 9 hitters need to average 444 AB; over 162 games, that's 2.7 AB/game. The problem - how are we supposed to get 7/10 of an at-bat?!