Sunday, March 30, 2008

Transaction Thursday (belated!)


I'll be hitting the highlights and the lowlights of the transactions on Thursdays. Hopefully someone else will split duties with me, so things won't fall through the cracks:

The Dummy Hoyas, historically one of the least loyal franchises in NECCO history, made seven moves this week. Included among them: Troy Glaus replaced Edwin Encarnacion who had just recently replaced Andrew Miller; Troy Percival, unhappy with his golf game, replaced Manny Parra. Hoyas sent a dude down before he even played a game. That's harsh!

My thoughts:



The Sal Buteras who must have some clever reason for being called that but I'm too lazy to google that made a move: Kelvim Escobar, who's going to miss another year of baseball got dropped for Michael Bourn. Then they made another, dropping Hank Blalock for Milton Bradley. Blalock will be hitting cleanup for the Rangers, likely behind Josh Hamilton in the lineup.

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning of this, but I'm a Blalock Believer (not to be confused with Hank's Homies*):



Taking after their namesake, Buckner's Boys! capitalized on The Sal's foolishness and picked Blalock up off waivers. They parted ways with Julio Lugo. Of course, The Boys are proving a shrewd organization also: Bartolo Colon became Jack Cust who became Rick Ankiel. Clearly they caught that Cust wasn't a pitcher.

Based on the Blalock move, I say: Approved!



Finally, Buckner's Boys' natural rival, The Mookie Dribblers, followed the Boys' business model: Troy Percival became Elijah Dukes who became Daric Barton. Who the hell is Daric Barton. I'll call up Billy Beane and find out later.

Who could call it anything but:



I'll mention that The Medford Crackers dropped the once juicy Chris Capuano for Ervin Santana. No picture for you, Crackers!

*

1 comment:

Commissioner Johnston said...

Nicely done, sir. Nicely done.

Glad to you have you on board.