Saturday, March 22, 2008

$50 Bonus

Due to a referral program at CBS Sports, The New England/Chicago Curveball Association will receive a $50 check at the end of the 2008 season (with the usual caveats regarding rebates that they are sketchy, often appear as junk mail if they are delivered at all, etc. Otherwise I'd simply discount the amount of league fees you are paying.)

I've been mulling over how to spend this rebate, but I thought I'd open it up to you'all for suggestions.

Possibilities include:
  • Give the $50 to the winner, thus making the prize distribution as follows:
    • First Place: $350
    • Second Place: $150
    • Third Place: $50
  • Split the $50 three ways equally for the three prizes, thus making the prize distribution as follows:
    • First Place: $316
    • Second Place: $166
    • Third Place: $66
  • Distribute the $50 equally to all league members ($5 apiece)
  • Award $50 as a booby prize to team lowest in the standings
Please feel free to add your own suggestions (in the comments below) or comment on any of the above proposals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

$50 worth of scratch-off lottery tickets. If any of those are the $1million ticket, we can split that.

jon said...

So we play for money? I didn't even know that.